Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Party 2008

Hurray for us!!! 3 days before Halloween and our costumes arrive. I can hardly wait to get home and check out our costumes. Dan didn’t want to go as a “couple” so we each picked costumes that best match our personalities…… drum roll please…. Dan chose Indiana Jones and I chose Super Girl!!

Just let me say, the pictures and models that are used on Target’s site are a bit misleading. The costumes were not exactly what I had pictured. Super Girl is cheesy and Dan’s is just ridiculous.

Super Girl has the blue body suit with red cape and skirt and shiny gold belt. And the big “S” on the chest. Good so far. Then I try it on. Most of the dress fits, but the top just gapes open. (Super Girl must have a triple D bust) I guess I will have to wear a tank top and my best push up. And then, you’ll love this, the boots! They aren't really boots; they are more like silky-nylon like socks. BUT they are red and only go from knee to top of my foot. There is a strap (like one would find on stretch pants) on the bottom. The idea is that this fits over Super Girl's red stilettos. And then the sock-book looks like her boots. I think it is to be a little sexy. Sadly, I do not have red shoes. I only have red sandals .It will have to work. (This is how Super Girl dresses for the equator.) It will be corny. Go figure. A silly Halloween costume

Dan's Indiana Jones costume is so cheap. I knew it would not be a real leather jacket, but nonetheless, I was hoping for a little more. He has a felt-like jacket that has a nice insignia on the left breast that says "Indiana Jones" (it will probable help). The hat is the same felt-like material. Because it has been stuffed in its plastic wrapping for the trip to Lagos, the hat is flat. I am not sure we will be able to bring it back to life; but maybe a few staples will help. It surely could not hurt. Here is the best though....are you sitting down??? With the cheap hat and jacket came a pair of stretch pants; very similar to the parachute pants of the 80’s. Dan has chosen to wear his own pants. What a hum-bug!!

The party is Friday night at the American Club. We arrive with Miss New Jersey and Marilyn Monroe. Many friends are already there: Charlie Brown, the corrections officer with her prisoner, Prince Charming and the Wicked Queen from Sleeping Beauty. The party is just starting, but within an hour the music is pumping and everyone is dancing. Everyone had a SPOOK-TACULAR time!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Seriously Dan... I had full faith in the pants. They must have just looked TOO good and you don't want to show up everyone.